I have friends that tend to tell me every other month that I need to come up with a religion. I don’t know if it is the fact that I don’t have anything to do at the moment(so bored..) or that I’m actually considering it, but either way I’m going to come up with a “religion”(ha this should be interesting).
Well, now that I think of it, it would be more of a philosophy because I don’t really want to add a deity. But whatever, here I go:
The 10 truths(that sadly sound generic)
1) Perfection is never completely attainable. Despite this, you should still strive to improve yourself.
2) Take stock into your character. If it is lacking, work on it. If it is fine, leave it be.
3) Do not pretend to be someone you are not. The hardest thing a person can do is fully accept themselves as they are.
4) Not everyone will like you. If through no fault of your own someone hates you, then realize the problem is not you. It’s them.
5) Relationships are rarely ever 50/50. There will be moments where you will be in the 60, and moments when you will be in the 40. Adjust accordingly.
6) There will always be people who want to be your friend when you achieve success or finally realize your dream. Avoid these people.
7) There has always been people who see the world as half empty and assume it is only getting worse. Do not try to argue with them.
8) Friendship is not “I did this for you, now do this for me”, it is about emotional support and if at all possible, being there just to hold their hand while they cry.
9) Sex is not a dirty thing. Fear of sex is.
10) To hide behind a religion and use it to manipulate, cajole, injure, or break the spirits of the people you know is not love. It is an abomination.
Things that should be sins but no one is going to actually pay attention:
1) Willful Ignorance
2) Inflated Sense of Pride
4) Emotional Manipulation
5) Protecting the Abuser instead of the Abused
Virtues that should be touted:
3) Understanding(aka what folks call “common sense”)
5) Honesty(no one is going to be honest 100 percent of the time, but it is good to at least strive towards MORE honesty)
1) Don’t be a douchebag. If you go out of your way to be a dick to others, someone will be one right back to you.
2) Realize that not everyone is going to agree with you. No matter how “right” you are, people will believe what they want.
3) Don’t go out of your way to cause harm to someone. It isn’t worth attacking someone just because they called you a name. Just walk away.
4) Take time out for yourself. The world will not end if you take a nap, go to a spa, or go on a vacation.
5) Take time out for your loved ones. Not saying build your life around them. I’m saying take time out for them. Cook dinner, tell a joke..something.
6) Death is uncertain. People cling to the belief that there is something out there beyond the realm of the senses. That is ok, until they start throwing folks into hell.